Tuesday, May 12, 2015

EOC Week 6: What did you learn? From your project? From the class discussion?

Overall I leaned from the class discussion and the project as a whole was that instructions are difficult to follow if the instructions weren’t necessarily clear. For the most part I understood what I needed to do for the project. I needed to create a fragrance, design a marketing plan that would be applicable to the real world, and use a sample survey to support my findings. I didn’t do a pitch or make a hypothesis, because I thought it would be covered in my marketing plan. Now I know that producing a hypothesis along with a pitch at the beginning of my project will simplify the analysis product at the end.


From what I gleaned off of other projects, their presentations were slightly stale to me. I could only imagine what the product would look like in the real world, where I actually designed a mock up of the cologne I was pitching. I noticed that everyone that did their project that they probably already had an idea of where they would sell their fragrance was going to be sold. That may be because they are in the fashion and retail marketing industry and have a stronger grasp as to where they would market their brands. As a heterosexual male that tries my best to spend as little time in the mall as possible, I think I may have been at a disadvantage for this project. I am not complaining, however, I am stating a fact that I had to do a lot more research that is different from what my peers may already have as intuitional instinct. It was clear that a majority of us didn’t finish the project until the last minute. I should have done some last minute fixes a day or two before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment